2/17/08

Paellaboy's Bucket List

There is a fairly new movie out called The Bucket List starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. I haven't seen it yet but I've heard it is pretty good. The premise is that the two men are in a cancer clinic and only have a short time to live. They leave the hospital and set out to do all the things they've always wanted to do before they "kick the bucket". I thought it might be fun to make my own bucket list and invite all of you to do the same. These are the top five things I would like to do if I found out I only had one year to live. No surpirses here, there is something involving the Yankees on the list.



  1. Return to my birthplace (Honolulu) and visit some of the places my parents often talk about.

  2. Learn to drive a stick shift. (Yeah, I know)

  3. Attend the Masters at Augusta National in Georgia. A few days after the tournament, play Augusta and walk in the same footsteps as some of the greatest to ever play.

  4. Go to a game at Yankees Stadium (I've never been). Before the game, I would like to hang on the field during batting practice and throw a few pitches to my favorites: A-Rod, Jeter, Posada and Johnny Damon.

  5. Live everyday like my last. Tell every member of my family how much I love them and show my gratitude towards them daily.

Ok, that's my short list. I'd love to hear bucket lists from all of you!



3 Comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

Seriously? A stick shift? I am rolling! I had to learn how to DRIVE in a stick shift!

When you learn can I watch?

Bilary said...

Amen, Blackeyedsue. I had to learn to drive a mini van with a stick shift. How humiliating!

About wanting to hear everyone's lists: I really am thinking about this one. I will do a post on it when I narrow it down. Really...only 5 things? That is tough!

Paellaboy said...

blackeyedsue---yeah sure you can watch. I'll be selling tickets to the big event and donating all the proceeds to the Paella Foundation. It is a for-profit organization to help the world make better paella.

bilary---That would be humiliating. I've never even seen a mini-van equipped with a stick shift.