2/18/08

Happy Birthday Mommy!

Today is my mommy's birthday. Yea!! We spent the day with her going shopping and having fun. For Christmas my parents gave all of their grandkids Build-A-Bear gift certificates. We redeemed them today with my mom, dad, sister and brother-in-law. What a great time we had watching the kids pick out their bears and then personalize them with sounds and clothes. I love that each kid has a bear that fits their personality.

Thanks for the great present!


Here is a short list of some things that are great about my mom:

  • She loves It's A Small World at Disneyland and has been on it countless times with my kids. I am sad that she will not be going with us this year. Peach will definitely miss her!

  • She loves to read and learn new things. She has instilled that love of knowledge in all of her kids and we are in turn passing that on to our kids. I think that it will continue on into many generations.
  • My mom is very supportive.
  • She is someone that I can call for advice on topics ranging from potty training to cooking healthy food. I call her for advice quite often.
  • My mom loves me just the way I am.

  • My mom is a positive person who will not speak ill of other people. She does not gossip.

I asked my girls why they love their grandma. They said they love her because she is nice, sweet, smart, pretty, and exercises. But most importantly ... just because.

Mom, you are truly wonderful and an inspiration to me. I hope that I can be as great of a mom as you are. Thanks for all that you have done for me! I Love You!

2 Comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

She sounds like a fantastic person! You are just like her!

Bilary said...

You can tell where you get all of your "awesomeness":) Your kids are blessed to have such a wonderful grandmother as well.