9/1/08

Brave Cutie

Cutie got her ears pierced today! It was a spontaneous decision on her part. Yesterday she said, "I want to get my ears pierced," and I said "OK". We had not talked about it before then.

She was worried about it all morning long - wondering how much it was going to hurt. Sometimes her imagination gets away from her, so I was very proud of her that she went through with her decision.

Her uncles tried hard last night to scare her into not doing it. They told her that sometimes the person will miss and hit your neck instead. Then a bucket has to be held to catch all of the blood that gushes out of your neck. I guess uncles are suppose to tease their nieces.



This is her right before. You can tell how worried she is. Ready or not.
There was only one employee working so she had to do her ears one at a time. This is right before the second ear. Look at those beautiful brown eyes.
She said that it hurt for only a minute. She loves these earrings, they sparkle in the sun.


6 Comments:

Emily said...

You are so brave! You're ears are so cute! I can't believe how grown up you are.

Okelberry said...

The earrings are very cute to go with a very cute girl! I wish my first earrings were that cute, mine were boring stud thingies. She was excited to show them to me this morning! She's growing up! And yes uncles are supposed to tease - very funny...bucket needed to catch the blood :D

Blackeyedsue said...

They look so cute in her ears! We made Amelia wait until she was 8 and now that she is, she says absolutely not.

So could you do me a favor and show all of the cute earrings you get to buy? Please?

Bilary said...

So cute! Rylee got those same earrings when she got hers pierced, and she looked at herself in the mirror about a million times a day and said, "I can't believe I actually have my ears pierced," with a big grin on her face. So adorable! I love it when they make their own decision to get it done. She is darling! Way to go!

Heidi said...

okay, so I'm a little slow on my congrats! But way to go Cutie! They look fantastic!

Liesl said...

Chritina my little girl got her ears pierced while I was in Utah visting Heidi. I will get pictures up soon. She wanted the little flower too..