4/5/08

Going for the Gold

I am usually not one to brag. Besides there's a big difference between bragging and blogging, right? I'm so proud of Cutie....


Our school recently held a reading fundraiser. The kids collected pledges for each hour they read. Cutie's goal was to read the most hours out of all the second graders. Her total for the week was 1,315 minutes read!

Our school read a total of 60,000 minutes and earned $14,000. Thanks to all of you who contributed and helped my children be inspired to read.

4 Comments:

Bilary said...

Holy crap! That is dedication. You are going to have one smart cookie on your hands if she continues reading that much! I think that is awesome!

And you have very right to brag! She is smart and beautiful and determined. All fantastic qualities. Brag it up, girl!:) I would too!

Anonymous said...

hey that's me!

Heidi said...

Oh, I just love ya Cutie! You are such a sweet dedicated little soul! You did an awesome job!

Emily said...

Way to go Cutie! I am so proud of you! I think you got all of your smart genes from my side of the family (sorry PB)...