3/8/08

Giant rats, cheese and pure fusion

First things first. This posting is not for the faint of heart. It involves a real photo of a giant rat that was in my hotel room today.

We are on day #2 in Phoenix and our hotel room became home to a giant rat. Dad "cut the cheese" (quite literally, not figuratively) and forgot to put it back in the fridge. Here is a photo of the cheese:

In order to keep my train of thought in order I will show you the rat at the end of the post.

Today was another great day of baseball. Here we are beofe the game started. Notice the empty stands and lack of players. We got there before some of the usher's showed up. We love getting there early to take in the sights, smells and sounds.

Dad and I agreed today's game may have been the best we've been to in years. The A's came back to win the game in the bottom of the ninth with 2 outs. They hit a walk off double that brought in two runs. The crowd went wild.

I had a nice lunch. I couldn't remember what I ate then I looked on the ground and was quickly reminded:

We just finished dinner tonight and it was great (and cheap). One of my favorite places in the whole world to eat, Chino Bandido. It is a fusion of Chinese and Mexican food. This dive is in a strip mall but all the locals rave about it. Set your DVR for April 7th when The Food Network's "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" will be airing their Chino Bandido experience.











Oh and the best news of all? I found my favorite Maria's cookies at the local "Food City" or Little Mexico grocery store:


Well, its getting late and we've got another packed day of baseball and exotic food tomorrow. Better get sleeping before the rat comes out again. Hopefully he doesn't smell any cheese tonight. Here is the photo I mentioned. This is one ugly rat:


PB


4 Comments:

Heidi said...

You are high-larious!! You know with the dial-up, things load slow. So the whole 5 minutes (exaggeration) it took for the picture to load I was way excited to see the infamous rat! But her doesn't look like the rat from Ratatioulle. He's much better looking!

Bilary said...

That is great! But one question..Why did you really have a block of cheese in your hotel room? Were you both just craving cheese? Either way, love the "rat"! It looks like you guys are having tons of fun.

I almost didn't look at the rat picture after your "puketastrophe" post. You never know what you will see on your blog!

Amy said...

Bilary - You make me laugh!

I also was worried that I might see a rat. :)

Paellaboy said...

bilary---Papa Rat is a big cheese eater. We always have cheese in our hotel room