2/4/08

Cheaters Never Prosper (Paellaboy's rant...)

Yeah, you guessed it coming to you live from Las Vegas...

Unbelievable! I was awestruck and giddy Sunday night. Honestly, that was one of the best Superbowls that I can remember in a long time. Maybe it was because the media was constantly talking about how great the Patriots are: "The best team of all time", they would say. HA! Here's a large slice of crow pie baked fresh from my oven. In fact, maybe you guys would like to eat the whole pie in one bite.

Much has also been said about the Patriots and their cheating over the course of who knows how long. You may remember that the NFL busted them a few weeks into the season this year in what was known as "Spygate". For those of you that were stuck on a desserted island, let me
recap:

"NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced Thursday night that he would fine Belichick the maximum amount and dock the team $250,000 and a first-round draft pick next year (or a lesser pick if the Patriots miss the playoffs). It was the biggest fine ever for a coach -- it represents 12 percent of Belichick's scheduled 2007 salary, which is believed to be $4.2 million -- and would be the first time in NFL history a first-round draft pick has been confiscated as a penalty.In doing so, Goodell branded the Patriots as cheaters." (For complete article on ESPN.com click here).

Ok, give me a second while I jump down off my two-story soap box.

Good, I'm back. So as I was watching the end of the game Sunday night a thought came into my head for what might be an appropriate headline in the New York papers Monday morning: "Cheaters never prosper".

And one more thing. All this talk about Tom Brady being "dreamy and a total hunk" is making me nauseous. Sure I'm a happily married man but come on, does anyone else see this----

Is it me or does he have a second butt on his chin? This gives new meaning to the term buttface. Hey Tom, why don't you go home to your girlfriend and cry yourself a river. Don't worry about where the tears go. They'll end up in the large crevasse located at the end of your buttface.

Greatest team of all time? NOT

Greatest QB of all time? DOUBLE NOT

Man I feel better ~ sometimes it can be theraupetic to get these things off your chest.

PB

2 Comments:

Bilary said...

I am cracking up! I have to say I was VERY happy to see the Giants win on Sunday. It was like the same kind of excitement I had when John Stockton hit his shot to send the Jazz to the finals.

Serves those Patriots right!

You are right about the "Buttface" too! As a female, I do not find him attractive. But he has arrogance written all over his face - not attractive at all!

Nice post!

Anonymous said...

no