1/24/08

Top Ten things I've learned from watching Spongebob Squarepants

It seems I do my best meditating when I'm in Vegas. Maybe there is something in the water or maybe I just get bored easily. Whatever the case, here I sit alone watching an episode of Spongebob Squarepants. Yes, I said it and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Nearly every night my youngest likes to unwind in front of the TV watching one of the 300 episodes we have recorded on the DVR. (Many of which I can recite by memory).
So here it is ~ The Top Ten things I've learned from watching Spongebob Squarepants. And yes, I know it is a stretch:


1. Echinoderms (Starfish) are among the most intellectually challenged in the marine world.


2. Squirrels can live in the ocean if dressed appropriately. This usually includes a special wet suit that pumps oxygen into a see-through helmet. Squirrels have buck teeth and speak with a western drawl. Squirrels are smart and very athletic.

3. Crabs are extremenly frugal. Money is their driving force. They are also able to produce whale offspring. Crabs usually dress and speak like sailors.

4. If you are lucky enough to be born as an octopus, you are able to play the clarinet. The octopus is an easily agitated species that does not like sponges.

5. Snails make great pets. They like to eat cat food and can be heard "meowing".

6. Planktons are evil by nature. Planktons are manipulative and only have one eye.

7. Pineapples will never rot under the water. They are also very comfortable to live in.

8. Most marine life prefer to shower and drink water from cups. My oldest daughter asked me about this one day: "Why does Spongebob take a shower when he is already in the water Dad?"

9. Sponges (besides being absorbent) are very optimistic and dedicated workers. They are especially talented at catching jellyfish. Sponges are kind hearted and are not able to discern sarcasm.

10. And the last thing I've learned from watching Spongebob: It is a kids cartoon for crying out loud. It is not supposed to make sense!!

4 Comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

I heart Spongebob. He is the most Christlike cartoon character ever.

Amen

Heidi said...

Spongebob is one of the few kids cartoons I can tolerate. Since we are cable free my kids have been deprived, unless they are watching one of your 300 episodes. Thanks for providing us with the spongebob lessons. A book should be next.

Bilary said...

We love Spongebob in our house. It can be seen at least an hour or two a day.

We also have many episodes memorized.

I just wish I could learn to make the dolphon noise so I could do that instead of cuss! You know, there are thirteen (I think) other bad word sounds! We should adopt them!

Amy said...

I love SB!