5/2/08

Edward and Bella

Those of you out there that know me well will be surprised to hear what I am going to say. I just finished reading a series of books that I LOVED! The surprising part is not that I read some books, it is the books I read.

I could not put these books down and when I was forced to I was continually thinking about the amazing characters that had come to life in my imagination. These books consumed my thoughts! Every moment of the day! I devoured all three books in less than a week (thanks to PB and my kids for not getting too mad at me). I adore these books: Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer.

My mom and sisters discouraged me from reading these books because they were sure that I would read them, hate them and proceed to make fun of them for liking the books (which was a good possibility). A wonderful friend of mine told me that I HAD to read them. She read them quickly while laying on a couch healing from a knee injury. She sold me on the idea of reading the books and THANK YOU!

I even cried (can you believe it Missy?) over the books many times but especially at the end, thinking that I was not going to follow Edward and Bella's love story any more. Right now I am in the process of reading them over again. I do not want the story to end. But good news, I did some research and the fourth book is going to be released in 91 days! I can't wait! Visit http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/ for more information.

So to my mom and sisters, I love the books and will not poke fun at you. It is possible that I adore the series even more that even you do.

Stephanie Meyer has created a whole generation of girls that will be looking for their own Edward to fulfill their dreams. I am glad that I have found mine.

3 Comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe that you read them and loved them too! If I would have known that it could be possible for you to love the series, I would have forced you to read the books months ago! I would also like to thank PB and your kids for allowing you to read them. Once you start you cannot stop! I am so happy that you fell in love with Edward too!!! (Check out my blog for the actor who should be playing Edward...)

Bilary said...

I have never even heard of these bboks, but I have been looking for something good to read. Thanks for the suggestion! Would they make a good Mother's Day gift? I have a mom who LOVES to read and I need to find her something good as well.

You are awesome. I think it is funny that you make fun of other books, etc. You are a character! Loved this post!:)

Blackeyedsue said...

I am in love with Jacob. How could you want to live with something so cold for eternity? As you can tell, I go against the grain in lots of areas of my life.

DH pre-ordered "A New Dawn" for me. I am GIDDY!!!