2/4/08

Puketrastrophe

Caution! This post has pictures of throw up.

Last night Babe-O was complaining that her stomach hurt (usually that means she needs to go to the bathroom). I put a puke bowl right by her head before she went to sleep, just in case. During the night she woke up ready to puke. She forgot that the puke bowl was there and could not wait until she reached the bathroom. There was a steady trail of puke from her bed to the toilet. The color was atrocious.
Paellaboy and I tried to clean it up with some carpet spot cleaner. It did not work. I thought that we were going to have some serious stains on our hands. We still have our house on the market and I was picturing our agent explaining to people where the gross stains came from. So around midnight he went to Wal-mart a rented a Rug Doctor.
What a great machine! I was amazed at how easy and efficient it was. There is not even a trace of puke left on the carpet. I always thought that carpet cleaning machines for rent were a joke. Why have I been paying professionals to clean when I could have done it myself? I would dare say that it even looks better than a professional cleaning.
I now have two kids throwing up but I am prepared with extra puke bowls, towels, and blankets. With a little bit of luck I should not need the rug doctor again today.

2 Comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

I heart the Rug Doctor. I have seriously never used something that has cleaned as well as it has. I am glad your puke came out. That would have not been a good selling point.

Heidi said...

Nice work Rug Doctor. I will get the rental number if my kids catch the throwie uppies.