12/13/07

I love Christmas

This is by far my favorite time of the year. There is something about the excitement and anticipation in the air ~ especially with the children.

We've really tried to stay away from the "commercialization" (is that a real word?) of Christmas and focus more on the spirit of the season. Maybe that is why the kids to this day are afraid of Santa Claus. Who needs an overweight jolly man in a red suit to listen to our demands?

Personally, I look forward to this time of year because I get to spend quality time with my immediate and extended family. I really enjoy those trips to my parents and my wife's parents homes. Sitting around visiting, playing games and just enjoying one another's company.

Wishing of all you a very Happy Holiday season and a Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

Heidi said...

Nice to see your fun blog! And Yankee Stadium at Christmas! Really.

Blackeyedsue said...

Okay, I did some blog hopping from Hilary's blog, to Heidi's blog to here. How the heck are you!

Watch out, this can be addicting.